Prenatal vitamins offer you the nutritional support for both you and baby. During pregnancy your nutritional needs change to accommodate a thriving environment for your growing child. It is highly recommended to consume prenatal vitamins for you and baby to be at optimal health. Prenatal vitamins are offered free of charge. To highlight a few of the key nutrients found in a quality prenatal vitamin, you will find:
- Folate- Crucial for supporting neural tube development
- Omega-3- This is an important component to support the brain, heart, and eye health
- Vitamin B12- Helps support red blood cell formation and energy yielding metabolism
- Choline- supports fetal neurodevelopment
- Iodine- Keeps your thyroid functioning normal, as well as ensures your baby develops a healthy thyroid.
- Biotin- Maintains your skin, hair, eyes, liver, and nervous system health.
- Vitamin D3- May reduce high risks associated with pregnancy such as pre-eclampsia and gestational diabetes. Reduces the risk of low birthweight, and severe bleeding after birth.
- Iron- Supports red blood cell formation. This is a key ingredient.
- Magnesium- Supports calcium and protein synthesis. Maintains nerve and muscle cells. This important nutrient helps to ward off muscle cramps, fatigue, insomnia, and other pregnancy pains.